The colour scheme was inspired by new wallpaper in the kitchen, and a nice empty wall just waiting to hang the finished piece on. Closest to analogous, but not quite.
Antique white 16 count linen over 1.
Anchor Coton a Broder 0243 dark green - outlines
Anchor Mez Nordin 144 mid blue - outlines, S & P initials (Nordin is Anchor's Flower thread)
DMC Special Dentelles:
579 light yellow - background round S & P (Special Dentelles is a mercerised thread, often used in tatting)
744 mid yellow
DMC 12 perle 3753 light blue
Rainbow Gallery Pebbly Perle P061 light blue - initial C
(the Pebbly perle and 12 perle are exactly the same shade)
Anchor Marlitt 1012 very light yellow
DMC Flower Thread 2798 darker blue
Anchor six strand floss (2 strands - one would have been better)
244 dark green
242 mid green
Initials in the middle charted by the stitcher, background not stitched. I started out with a 1:1 relationship between the listed threads and my selection. This fairly soon fell apart, as I tried to balance the overall dominance of certain colours. As soon as Id done Octagon 1 I knew it had far too much green in it, but I waited to the end to fix it and eventually only needed to change the colour of the steps 4 and 5. Octagon 8 also looked too dominantly green, so I toned down the oblong crosses from Step 2 by doing a tie down as in Step 3 of Octagon 1 in my slightly lighter green shade. Octagons 1 and 8 remain the deepest coloured, so I turned the piece upside down to put these at the base when doing the initials.